The key to create ideal user experience in an eCommerce website is to have best optimization of the landing page. The possibilities of conversion are directly impacted by the competence of complete buyer journey experience that has been created – starting from viewing an ad up to the purchase of the product. The more inclusive, informative and efficient the experience is, the higher is the likelihood to gain conversion. Conversion again is directly proportional to sales, Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) becomes the core KPI. Revenue-oriented conversion rate optimization (CRO) becomes the key component.
Keeping in view the above factors here are few tips to optimize your eCommerce landing page and generate sales.
- Product Image Quality: The first and foremost criteria for a buyer is to have the best view of the product which is possible through high resolution quality. Firstly, the product must be photographed in bright light and secondly it can be suggestively displayed in a dynamic way of how to use it, in an eye-catching and most unique manner possible. Both aspects clearly impress for a strong purchase factor.
- Zooming of Product: Most common concern among online shoppers is that they fail to experience the look and feel of the product that in many occasions results in returning the product. The landing page should have an up-close and personal view through the convenience of zooming that will eliminate the hesitancy factor quite often. Again, not to forget the resolution quality and complete imagery.
- Product Details: The landing page must have all the required details of the product that a buyer would want to know starting from as small as the size or dimensions based on type of products to various other features and functionalities.
- Videos: Videos of the product is another important and effective tool to boost customer confidence in experiencing the product journey to sense the usability of it. A marketing survey confirms that 44% people search for videos while shopping for a desired product. Digitally creating the overall use and view of the product through the video is all about the naturalness and reliability factor.
- Reviews: Social media is undeniably the most efficient marketing tool and reviews of peers/friends and users cannot be more appealing in creating the credibility of the product. Almost 97% of customers check for customer reviews before making a purchase, a relevant proof of the products being purchased and used.
- Mobile Optimization: Since 2017, eCommerce has gained impetus on mobile through apps, up by 50%. The rate is so large that it cannot be missed on and to capture that audience the only effort is to optimize the landing page on mobile too, making the mobile e-shopping convenient. This will also help eCommerce business to boost and stay ahead in competition. Using responsive sites, compressing the images and optimizing the check-out process in the mobile website to make the experience and purchase as easy and catchy as possible.
- User Generated Content: Since the advent of social media and multiple channels of interactions, UGC has become a very efficient method to create a connect and impact conversion. UGC can be as simple as a photo posted by buyer using the product on Instagram which can be shared to create more visibility and develop traffic. Linking the Instagram account to the landing page is another way to generate hits.
- Limited Period Offer Campaign: Creating urgency is another robust marketing method that generate fervor and lead to action. Various offers on landing page through headlines can create urgency and call to action (CTAs) help in channelizing the hot and cold traffic.
- Making the Conversion process easier: As much as the 1st phase of buyer journey is important till products are added to the cart, it is equally imperative that the checkout process is also optimized. There is huge concern in eCommerce that people shop for hours on the e-store but abandon the cart randomly and the figures are as alarming as 28% due to the hassle of the last lap of the process. The solution is to make the check out process simpler and secured.
- Product Features: The product features cannot be vague, should be unique and specific in differentiation factors to compel the buyer to be positive about the product before purchasing. Visuals and creatives around the content will do wonders. Feature specific content may not be that critical in simpler products but they do have a vital role to play when selling highly specific and expensive products.
- Abandoned Cart:Besides optimizing the landing page and easing the checkout process, there is a big fraction of customers who abandon a full cart due to some loose ends, mainly the ensuing shipping charges. As a part of possibly changing the customer mind and go-ahead with conversion an abandonment popup can close the gaps by offering free shipping or some discount in the shipping charges. This effort can boost the bottom line while revenue-driven sales can be the core focus.
In eCommerce landing page is the most crucial element that serves more than sales to drive the customer than the usual product page. The page must be focused to generate sales rather than mere views and clicks to create impressions. The idea is to give a fantastic buyer experience through best optimization of landing page for maximum conversions.