Staying relevant is the basis to every B2B marketing that brings to the key aspect of making the most of emerging market trends pertinent to every marketer to excel in their efficiency in 2018. Whether multimedia content creation or story-driven copywriting in a personalized format are some of the reigning trends to watch out for in 2018.
Well, brace yourself for content marketing trends to be capitalize on. Which one is yours? Let’s get to know.
- Inflate the micro to macro:Micro moment is when someone switch to a source or device for information, especially when it is your blog or other online content for information. Micro moments are high on urgency, quick search to accomplish a task or make a purchase.
Juggernaut, marketing research unit of Google, opine that brands that are relevant, helpful and accountable have the maximum prospects with customers.
Are you in for it?
Be the first one to be thoughtful and generate leads through accurate answers.
- Infographics designs: Graphics are the visual face of content, images that convey maximum emotions and information through minimalism. Humanizing the brand has been at the forefront for B2B marketing. What does that mean for customers?
Connecting with target audience through their emotions and attitude that strikes the right cord, irrespective of the product or service. Smartly designing the graphics by amalgamating the text and picture through right tone and words set a relatable tone yet remain informative. Keeping the infographics simple and flat, informational with minimal technological capabilities with accurate data from relevant collaterals will enhance the efficiency.
- E-mail Newsletters: When was the last time you remember of reading a print ad or a physical magazine? The current trend is most of the marketers and brand tell their story through E-mail newsletters that is delivered straight to the inbox.
B2B marketers must play out on differentiating from crowd through gripping communication and captivating subject line. While creating the brand magazine and the content its imperative to stay wary of spam which is possible only through a fence of relevant information, creatives and industry data.
- Storytelling (Copywriting): Storytelling will never go obsolete; the trend might keep evolving and varying on the methodical communication of the message. B2B customers come with all personalities and behaviors that become the thread to telling strong and innovative stories.
Each work, phrase and sentence must be laced with some real-world examples and tales to further push the customers through the sales funnel through terse yet captive narratives. Each section creating a touchpoint. Keep it simple and relatable, avoiding the industry jargons and acronyms, succinct and compel the reader to take some action.
- Remarketing: The thin line between advertising and marketing is fading, will continue to do into 2018 too. The concept must converge into remarketing. Nearly 10 touchpoints generate a single lead in B2B marketing.
Resending the same content to the prospect may not be that effective as changing the approach and conveying the same message through a different channel such as native ads based on search criteria of existing customers. AdRoll is a tool that helps convert the marketing data into targeted ads through select channels. This approach allows the brand to re-emphasize on its presence, irrespective of the fact that customers will engage with the content or not.
- Adaptable to Search Criteria: An intelligent consumer will again become an average customer in 2018 as will the search engines. The exponential increase in voice-based search and native search, latest SERP features and smartphone use is constantly updated to the Google’s dynamic algorithm that makes Google search a semblance to human behavior.
Going by the research and search criteria, organic and natural language will be the most acceptable performance criteria in the future. The knack is to create content around the trending questions rather to piggyback the keywords. Watch out, your rival might have already embraced the concept; which brings us to the aspect of content positioning to resonate the brand image as a differentiator for conversion.
- Invest on Social platform: The approach of B2B marketing might vary from B2C marketing. However, customer engagement on social media has been more provocative and outrageous by B2C brands. This needs to change.
The traditional approach of age old data to tap the right audience at right placesis valid. Now the strategy is to merge that with a shrewd amount of wise content marketing on a single platform based on where your target audience are present the most, whether LinkedIn, Instagram or Twitter. The dynamic approach helps expand the channels and intelligently plan the marketing budget too.
- Intelligent content and design: In past couple of years content is generated based upon the market research data of target crowd. As opposed to that, what should be factored in is the machine learning and automated data to understand various segments that will help cater to specific buyers. Customizing content around individual pieces and generating more organic and personalized newsletters should ne the USP.
Understanding the industry vertical and business needs will help segment and personalize content that will further push on creating a pipeline of customers with better long-term relationships with the brand. Enhancing CTAs and investing on CROs is the answer to grow in leaps and bounds in 2018.
- Digital Engagement: Authenticity is the mandate to gain credibility in content marketing. The lifespan of a brands has shrunk to creativity by driving something that is impactful. This is all the more crucial for ecommerce businesses that completely rely on the digital ecosystem to create personal connect with their prospects, sans the physical feel. Customer engagement as the core tenet of every B2B marketer’s marketing plan 2018.
More than creating traffic to the page and having more viewership, meaningful interactions with prospects should take precedence for better brand experience. Engagement metrics will gain impetus to deliver marketing benefits if click-through rates, shorter conversion timelines and agile marketing funnels for generating leads are the primary criteria.
- Marketing Automation:Specificity and data-driven analytics while appended with account-based marketing (ABM) has enabled B2B marketers with additional intelligent tools in generating leads more than ever. Developing a cumulative power of various automation platforms with surgical tactics will create optimum efficiency.
Almost 85% of market research reports claim ABM delivers higher ROI above any other tool tried and tested. To add, of the receding number of B2B marketing businesses that are not on-board with ABM bandwagon 60% plan to do so as we speak. Martech and ABM are the potent marketing automation tools on-hand that promise to generate primary leads grossly due to their ability to be scaled and fit your pocket.
These marketing tips are sure to bridge the gap between B2B marketers and customers provided you know how to invest on the right technology, tap the marketing funnels and strategize the content for elevating the sales conversion and achieve higher per-item ROI.