Organizations have traditionally relied on in-house capacities for their sales and marketing requirements. As organizations expanded in size and reach, the existing team would either be given more responsibilities OR resource strength would be augmented. This model had marketing department assisting strategies created and executed by sales managers.
In the new age, customers are more aware than ever. For organizations, deeper understanding of customer buying behavior, development of clearer customer personas, better defined marketing and sales funnels are fast becoming an imperative for marketing success. The influence of omnichannel marketing on customer growth and retention also has driven up the complexity to deliver results. This presents a rather complex ecosystem that is furthermore complicated by the fast-paced evolution of marketing function.
As a result, organizations are struggling more than ever to strike a balance between creating and maintaining expansive, new age marketing ecosystems v/s generating desired outcomes. This hyper focus on core solution offerings and increasing need to address better, high performing marketing function has given way to a progressively lucrative option to outsource the marketing function, in whole or in parts to trusted experts.
As Harvard business review observed, Marketing outsourcing has been in play for some time however the traditional elements that were trusted to be delivered by someone were always the left brained elements i.e. the design aspects. With almost all marketing tools coming on the cloud and collaboration between disparate teams and functions getting better than ever, organizations are seriously evaluating options to let experts manage the core marketing functions, something that was traditionally managed in-house.
For organizations that have outsourced successfully, this approach has yielded multifaceted benefits. Few include:
- Increased operational efficiency: Focusing on your core offerings with a specialist third party managing marketing tools, resources, training among other functions has an immediate benefit on operational efficiency. Few organizations have witnessed up to 300% increase in their marketing efficiency spread across lead generation, digital outreach and cost effectiveness.
- Lower cost and risk: Teams that work in fast-paced, constantly evolving environment often struggle with operational inefficiencies such as high attrition, prioritization, and skill management. Additionally, the roles and responsibilities are not as defined which might lead to employee and management frustration. Having an experienced and reliable outsourced team mitigates risk and greatly reduces the cost impact of hiring and retaining an internal sales and marketing staff.
- Talent access: Marketing outsourcing agencies continually invest to ensure that they not only are able to stay ahead on the global learning curve but also help shape up the market. This results in an always nurtured talent pool that presents significant assistance to their clients and marketing plans.
- Time savings: To have a professional marketing team operating at the peak of efficiency significantly reduces the time to results and allows organizations to witness results in a considerably short amount of time.
- Infrastructure and learning: An average marketing ecosystem now consists of CRM, social media, website, webcasts, marketing automation, e-mails among other tools all working in tandem to achieve greater, faster results. As an organization evolves, the kind of tools it needs varies. Relying on an expert usually ensures that the organization in able to differentiate between the tools that are available and the tools it needs.
- Stability: With career paths managed by a responsible third party, organizations don’t need to worry about recruitment, maintaining training and stability of personnel.
- Skill sets: Agencies invest a significant amount of time and resources in developing and managing marketing talent. This ensures that such agencies are continually able to keep their clients ahead on the curve and help define new marketing success routes that benefit their clients.
- Systems optimization: It’s often found that while most organizations have subscribed to CRM platforms like Salesforce, Zoho, Demand base, HubSpot, or Marketo, only about 10% are able to utilize more than 85% of CRM offerings. Outsourcing ensures access to top-notch, experienced technical professionals who will properly assess, develop, and optimize your existing systems to make certain they are returning a positive ROMI.
- Employee training and growth: When done properly, outsourcing can be used as a method for training members of your organization on marketing. Offerings such as SABERNI UNIVERSITY provide instant and consistent access to industry best practices, and training programs. Organizations can also customize their training programs for the employees at varying marketing expertise.
- Lower costs: Entrusting an agency can almost immediately ensure a cost savings of up to 30-40%. This is owing to greater efficiency and better execution.
While outsourcing, elements such as collaboration between the CEO and top management team with marketing management become a key feature of the relationship. This lays an effective foundation to drive customer-centric, learning culture throughout the organization.
SABERNI experts are happy to work with you and evaluate if and how much can your organization benefit from outsourcing. Please have one of the experts reach out to you here